Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 95 - Recording Glucose Readings


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold off on recording the readings of my blood sugar throughout time because of the fear of facing the fact that I have to live with diabetes

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hinder myself in supporting myself by not taking the time at the end of the day to sit down and go through the meter and record all the readings that I had done for that day and as well write down what I ate and calculate the amount of carbohydrates I ate - so that I can see all the information related to sugar levels and patterns throughout time.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that marking down readings to record a pattern in the blood sugar is what is best for me to be able to see the patterns that are weekly, daily, or monthly and to gather an understanding of the patterns that are within my readings and an understanding of the patterns that I am living daily, weekly, monthly and to get an understanding of how to best correct those patterns into what is best for the body within having diabetes

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go a few days without recording the readings wherein I forget exactly how much insulin I injected, what I ate and how much I ate at the specific times leaving me to guess what I did at those times which is not accurate information on the patterns within the readings

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that recording my readings is what is best for me within being a diabetic and being able to manage and see what patterns are within the readings.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the body does not rely on a set ratio of carbohydrates to insulin and thus through keeping a log of the readings I am able to look at what influenced the sugar - such as exercise or lack of it, or sickness - and from then create a ratio for myself and the body to live within and then to within this perfect this to the point where I know how much activity will affect the sugar and how much being sick will affect the body in relation to insulin sensitivity

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist writing down the readings every day because I would rather participate in things that I would like to do such my hobbies or other self-interests in this compromising myself in being able to track the patterns that I am living and to correct the patterns

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that if I would like a doctor's help with having diabetes I need to test and write down the readings because if they are to help in anyways whatsoever they must have information on what I am going through on a daily basis and that the more information I am able to give on each reading the better it is for myself and others to understand what and why I did what I did and to then see patterns within that.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that by recording the readings of the sugars daily and all relevant information of the reading and into the calculation of how much insulin to do I am able to share it with other diabetics and assist and support them and that we are able to investigate what points are similar within each body and what points differentiate within each body and to then further understand diabetes within the body and each self

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that there is a community of diabetics within the world and that through assisting and supporting myself within having diabetes I am able to assist and support others within having diabetes and that I am able to take points from others as well and assist and support myself with their own self support and assistance

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that within the point of recording readings I am able to share the specifics of what I go through within diabetes a lot easier than for me to verbally explain what I go through because when verbally explaining things I may miss a point or forget what I did at the time and in this not be accurate in my explanations about myself within the point of diabetes in this not being effective assistance and support to others because I have not assisted and supported myself effectively.

I commit myself to every day when I have the opportunity (meaning that when I am at work I do not have the opportunity to write them down as I use a computer) to write down the readings that I have done within that day so that the calculations that I used are still fresh within the memory and to write all relevant information on what I calculated within the insulin injections and the food intake.

I commit myself to being diligent in keeping a record of my readings so that I am able to effectively look at the patterns that are existent within my day to day or week to week living that I have not yet looked at

I commit myself to recording readings for the rest of my life and to use the readings to assist and support myself in perfecting the management of diabetes and to find out what assists and supports the body within having diabetes.


1 comment:

  1. Cool support Paul - thanks for sharing. I have sent your blog through to someone I know with diabetes.

    ReplyDelete